Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Unified IP Communicator Problem

April Molina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I would like to request for assistance. I tried to install the CISCO IP Communicator in the officemate's desktop computer which is running on Windows Vista, but the IP Communicator doesn't work and it says that there is no available audio device in her computer and in Preferences >> Network,  I couldn't edit any of the settings in there because I still have to change the TFTP Server in there to make the CISCO IP Communicator work. Do I need to install an audio device? I tried installing Realtek in their computer but the ip communicator still doesn't work. do you guys have any recommendation on what is a good audio device?

This would help a lot...

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Thanks a lot for your assistance. another question, another officemate of mine has installed the cisco ip communicator in his laptop and has been connected, but the problem is he couldn't hear the person on the other end of the line when he tries to call. could this also be a headset problem that he is using which it is not compatible on the ip communicator or his laptop wifi isn't good?

Hi April,

It could be with headset, bandwidth...etc need to dig deep to troubleshoot that.

Meanwhile If my above answer has helped you, please rate it accordingly with selecting the User star ratings.

Thanks,

Anand

Thanks for the help. I'll check on the headset and the bandwidth.