Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Mobility & CFA feature interaction in 9.1

jgovin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Mobile Connect feature enabled on Phone A and it is linked to a remote device==>Mobile Phone. I enabled CFA on Phone A==>Phone C. When Phone D calls Phone A, call is forwarded to Phone C. It did not ring the remote device. Is this a normal behavior?

Thks

Jeya

8 Replies 8

Shashank Mahajan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeya,

It should ring Phone A and the mobile number specified as its remote destination for an incoming call. If it's not ringing the remote destination/mobile number then it means probably the mobility is disabled.

Regards,

Shashank

Thks for your response. Mobility is enabled for that DeskPhone. I just enabled CFA on the Desk Phone and tried the call to it again.  When I disable CFA and make the call to the Mobile User's desk phone, the remote device is ringing...

Is there any Service Parameters that I need to check for this feature to work?

Thks

Jeya

Seems to be working as designed. It is worth giving a try in the LAB.

Regards

Abhay Reyal

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Hi Abhay,

What u mean by seems to be working as designed? Am I missing any configuration... like some service parameter settings?

Thks

Jeya

This is normal behaviour and i have tested this.

If CFA is set on the device then it will forward to that number and will not ring remote device.

Regards,

Please rate helpful posts.

So Shasmaha's comment was not accurate? Do you have any documents that specifies that is the case?

Because in SRND 9.1, it mentioned the following:

Impact of Session Handoff on Other Features

When the user hands off a call, a new call gets presented on the desk phone. While the desk phone is flashing,

the following features do not get triggered on the desk phone for the call that was handed off:

iDivert

Call Forward All

DND

Call Forwarding

Question: If it does not ring the remote device, how then a remote device receives a call in the first place to  handoff a call when these features were enabled on desk phone?

Thks

Jeya

I am confused with the description and question you are asking .

Please pardon me.We might need a web ex to understand what you are testing here.

Your original question was Device A has Call forward all on- to a another destination and it also have a remote destination.So why remote is not ringing ?

Answer as per my testing was  if  call comes it device A now , call will go the the call forward destination not to remote destination.

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion. Whatever you tested is what I am also seeing during my testing. Remote device does not ring when CFA is enabled on desk phone.

Question:

1) Is the any Cisco document that talks about CF & Mobility feature interactions?

I checked the Feature & Services Guide and did not see any mention of their  interaction behavior

2) How do you test the scenario from the SRND 9.1 section I pasted in my previous reply?

I am OK with a webex if I confuse u again. :-)

Thks

Jeya

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: