Views
Helpful
Replies

Move softkey in SIP IP Phone

jgovin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure "Move" softkey  for a 7961 SIP Phone. I do not see the "Move" option under softkey configuration page. Any ideas?

Thks

Jeya

10 Replies 10

Shashank Mahajan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeya,

Could you please confirm for which call state are you trying to configure "Move" softkey?

The "Move" softkey is only available under "Connected" and "On Hold" call states.

Regards,

Shashank

Hi Deepak,

I am testing Cisco Unified Mobility In-Progress Call Session Handoff off  from a Remote SIP Phone to the Mobile User’s Desk Phone.

It can be achieved via DTMF *74 or via a “Move” Softkey from a Remote Device that is a SIP IP Phone.

Thks

Jeya

Thanks for details.

Yes,it looks like this soft key is available only in CUCM version 10.X on wards only.

I can see this has been mentioned as new feature for 10.X.

https://www.sunsetlearning.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/CUCM-10-New-and-Changed.pdf

That is interesting to know because I was checking the CUCM 9.X SRND, there was mention of the "Move" softkey support for In- Progress Mobility Calls Session Handoff

Thks Deepak!

I will check on this again however i didn't have move softkey this in my 9.1 version LAB clusters  as well.thanks

I appreciate it!!! Thk You!!!

Move softkey was part of cisco mobility manager before 10.X  and was introduced only in 10.x onwards as per feature documentation for 10.X.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0110111.html

Warm Regards

Deepak Mehta

Thks Deepak for the clarification!

Hi Shashank,

Actually I looked for that softkey for all call states. I did not see it under the softkey template page either. I am running cucm 9.1.

Pls see attached…

Thks

Jeya

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Can you explain what you are trying to achieve with this softer. Thanks