Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Presence

Sajeel145
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts

We are using CUCM version: 7.0.1.11000-2 and Presence version: 7.0.2.10000-36.

In CUCM cluster there was two servers one PUB  and one SUB.

Due to some reasons we removed the SUB server.

But in cisco unified presence CTI gateways and profiles were created automatically for SUB and PUB.

Question1: After deleting SUB server CTI GW and profile will delete automatically or we need to do it manually.

Question2: Now if we add again SUB server what configuration needed in Presence server for CTI , Deskphone control and IP phone messanger.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sajeel,

Question 1: delete manually

Question 2: I would advise you to first of all go and read the CUCM SRND and the CUPS features and services guide, to get a good understanding of these products, you might also want to read the wiki:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_Presence,_Release_7.x_--_How_To_Configure_the_Deskphone_Control_Settings

For CTI deskphone control, you dont need any additional configuration if this has already been configured on your PUB (i.e. a CTI control enabled user ID, that has all the relevant phones associated to it). You will need to verify/change the CTI gw settings on your CUPS to make sure the new SUB is added.  additionally all phones will need to set to "ENABLE CTI CONTROL" in the phone configuration pages.

if usefull please rate

thanks

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sajeel,

Question 1: delete manually

Question 2: I would advise you to first of all go and read the CUCM SRND and the CUPS features and services guide, to get a good understanding of these products, you might also want to read the wiki:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_Presence,_Release_7.x_--_How_To_Configure_the_Deskphone_Control_Settings

For CTI deskphone control, you dont need any additional configuration if this has already been configured on your PUB (i.e. a CTI control enabled user ID, that has all the relevant phones associated to it). You will need to verify/change the CTI gw settings on your CUPS to make sure the new SUB is added.  additionally all phones will need to set to "ENABLE CTI CONTROL" in the phone configuration pages.

if usefull please rate

thanks

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: