Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco unity conn cluster integration with cucm cluster best practice

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am in the process of integrating a cucm 9.1 cluster  with a cuc 9.1 cluster. Some confusing points that i hope can be  clarified.

for cucm

1. I have created one voice mail server with 48 ports that will accomodate both cuc servers

for cuc

I have created one phone system with two port groups.

both port group point to the same voicemail server prefix however  different cuc servers. also each pg has different sequence of tftp  servers.

the issue with this design is that voice ports on the  cucm is not registering with the port group that is set to point to the  cucsub. the port groups that point cucpub is registering fine.

Is  this the way to configure the integration for a cuc cluster. I have  seen the guides however it is more geared to standalone configurations.

Help please!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The SRND for CXN states that all calls should be directed to the subscriber with the publisher handling overflow beyond the subscriber's capacity and/or failover when the subscriber is offline. They should not be load balanced in a round-robin fashion.

You can create two voicemail servers using the wizard and give them separate Device Pools if you need them to register to different CCM nodes.

PS- You can also avoid this entire port mess on CUCM by integrating over SIP instead of SCCP. In that case you still have the ports on CXN but they're just logical entities; CUCM just has a SIP trunk to each node. There is a separate integration guide for this.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The guides have a section dedicated to HA configurations as well:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/integration/guide/cucm_sccp/cucintcucmskinny200.html

has different sequence of tftp  servers.

TFTP is only used if your CUCM cluster is running in mixed mode (i.e. high security). Ignore TFTP unless you know what mixed-mode is.

the issue with this design is that voice ports on the  cucm is not registering with the port group that is set to point to the  cucsub. the port groups that point cucpub is registering fine.

The CallManager Group primary node assigned to the ports via the Device Pool assignment needs to match the primary server specified on the port-group.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks for your response and that makes sense.

Another question, and i have looked at this guide but there are certain queries that weren't answered for clusters.

When i am creating the voicemail server on the cucm and adding the ports can two servers be created to allow for load balancing based on device pools?

Also with this design the second port group on cuc can be set to same primary/sec cucm servers as the second voicemail server.

Is this a good design or should i create one voicemail server with all the ports with cucmsub/pub device pool and on cuc, one port group with half of the ports for cucpub and the other for cucsub?

The SRND for CXN states that all calls should be directed to the subscriber with the publisher handling overflow beyond the subscriber's capacity and/or failover when the subscriber is offline. They should not be load balanced in a round-robin fashion.

You can create two voicemail servers using the wizard and give them separate Device Pools if you need them to register to different CCM nodes.

PS- You can also avoid this entire port mess on CUCM by integrating over SIP instead of SCCP. In that case you still have the ports on CXN but they're just logical entities; CUCM just has a SIP trunk to each node. There is a separate integration guide for this.