Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity connection 8.0(2). Voice Mails are delayed

haripriya_vijay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I have a Unity connection 8.0 (2). From few days users are reporting that the mails are delayed. The voice mail left at 8 AM reached user Mailbox at around  5 PM... Any idea what is causing the delay.. ?? Please help me..

5 Replies 5

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Did you resync all mwi on the server? Do you have dedicated ports for MWI on the Unity server? Also do you have another Unity server still active on your network?

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi Yosh,

Thanks for the reply. Ya.. I do have dedicated ports for WMI, and I do have a subscriber for Unity Connection which is still active. Do mention here, now the Subscriber is acting as primary since there is an issue running with the primary. Can you please tell me how do i resync the wmi on server. ??

Thanks

First thing first if you could you should have dedicated ports for MWI for each server. Verify that the Subscriber does have the Primary status and that it has voice ports for MWI.

To resync all MWI go to Cisco Unity Connection Administratoon page and under Telephony Integrations>Phone System select your phone system and click the "Run" button to "Synchronize All MWIs on This Phone System"

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Some more info on voice ports best practices.

Configuration for Dial-out Voice Messaging Ports

Each Cisco Unity Connection server in a Connection cluster must have  voice messaging ports designated for the following dial-out functions in  case either server has an outage:

Sending message waiting indicators (MWIs).

Performing message notifications.

Allowing telephone record and playback (TRAP) connections.

As a best practice, we recommend that you dedicate an adequate number of  voice messaging ports for these dial-out functions. These dedicated  dial-out ports should not receive incoming calls and should not be  enabled for answering calls.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/design/guide/8xcucdg060.html

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi Yosh,

Issue is resolved now... There was an issue with the subscriber (Connection), so our team had changed the Pub as primary. After reverting the changes it is working fine.. Don't know what exactly was causing the issue.