Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection Datastore size

Frankaviglia
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

we are setting up a Backup Strategy for our CUC setup, we have, however, been unable to read the current size of the mailbox datastore.

In order to properly setup our Backup Storage, we need to know how much space is now occupied, and ideally, have also a history record to depict a trend in the datastore utilization.

Is there a way to get at least the current size of the whole CUC mailbox storage?

Many thanks,

Francesco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

You can go under Message Storage->Mailbox Stores->Select a store, there's a section that says "Total Size of All Voice Messages and Attachments".

Not sure if that helps you or not.  You could potentially set the Warning size to be very low so you get syslog alerts with the current size and use the syslog graphs to map the size over time potentially.  Never tried it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

you can refer the link if it helps.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11375056/unity-connection-85-mailbox-size-user

regds,

aman

Hi and thank you for your reply,

the post refers to the indivudal Mail Box occpuancy, I am more insterested in theoverall MailStorage space:

" I can see total space utilization for the mailstore" --> How can I accomplish this?

Francesco

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

New releases have an estimate size option under DRS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you James (you the man BTW),

I have version 8.6 and it doesnt seem to show up. I assume this is not new enough for it.

No other way to find out? Even via CLI?

Thank you,

Francesco

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

You can go under Message Storage->Mailbox Stores->Select a store, there's a section that says "Total Size of All Voice Messages and Attachments".

Not sure if that helps you or not.  You could potentially set the Warning size to be very low so you get syslog alerts with the current size and use the syslog graphs to map the size over time potentially.  Never tried it.

You can also run this from the command line:

run cuc dbquery unitymbxdb1 select sum(bytesize) from vw_mailbox

I have automated scripts that run this query daily and then used the data gathered to view the historical record / trends over time.

Frankaviglia
Level 1
Level 1

Yes,

that's it.

Many thanks,

Francesco