cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection - Greeting Input to External Number

aquaium79
Level 1
Level 1

Just wondering if someone could help me out with this issue...

We have a greeting setup for when callers call our main office line. We have options setup, for example press 1 for... press 2 for..., however, most of the options are are internal numbers and everything works as it should. Now we would like to introduce an option that allows callers to be transfered to an external number and I can't seem to get this working.

I have checked the greeting settings and the option for "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers" is checked. I then go to Caller Input, select a key (for example 9), select "Call Action" and set it to "Transfer to Alternate Contact Number". I then enter the external number in the "Extension" field.

I have tried entering the external number with and without the leading external call prefix... without the leading 9 the call just ends, with the leading 9 prefix, the call ends with an automated voice saying "Sorry this number does not answer".

Having done some research I found the article below which mentions the problem "Sorry this number does not answer" but I'm not sure what the fix is.

LINK 

Could anyone point me in the right direction to get this working? Maybe some step by step advice on what I need to do in order to get this working, I am new to all this and just about getting my head around it.

9 Replies 9

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Have you tried a transfer from unity to an internal number? Try this first. Could be a css issue on your unity cti routepoints or sip trunk to and from unity
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Transfer to an internal number works fine. Like I said we've already got it setup so that caller inputs go to different internal numbers.

aquaium79
Level 1
Level 1

Could anyone help with this?

aquaium79
Level 1
Level 1

Just an update to this... I have managed to get the external number ringing. For example, caller hears the greeting and presses 2, the call then goes through to the external number and rings... however, when that external number answers, there is nothing on the end of the line. All the caller hears is music like it is attempting to transfer the call.

What could be going wrong?

Hi Aquaium,

Please configure caller input with site internal numbers in Unity and then configure CTI RP with Internal number in CUCM and apply Fwd ALL to external number with external CSS and check the result.

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad

Hi Hari,

Yes I have done that also, the same thing happens. The call rings through to the external number but when it is answered the caller isn't transfered to the line. The music just keeps playing for the caller and the external number hears nothing.

Hello Aquaium,

Please share result of below testing.

Dial the call handler number from your site Cisco Phone and press the option and see if the call connect and both way audio works or not.

Dial the CTI RP from site Cisco IP Phone and see both way audio works or not.

If above results are fine then there is some thing related to media establishment  issue between Caller and called party.

You need to share packet capture from gateway to check the issue.

Thanks, Hari Prasad

I get the same thing happening doing any of the tests you mentioned.

Could it be something in my Hunt Group setup for voicemail on Cisco Unified CM? The route partition, what does that need to be?

ideally above 2 test result should be running since you testing from your Cisco phone.

You need to verify the configuration on Unity and CUCM related to Partition, CSS and SIP trunk towards Unity Connection.

Also you can verify the RTP connection on gateway using Show voip rtp connections. In that you will be able to verify from where RTP not comings  source and remote IP.

Thanks, Hari Prasad