Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WebDialer Issue - Rejects from Certain Devices

Rodney Olson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are having issues with the WebDialer service not working from specific telephones.  When using the WebDialer out of CCMUser it gives the error:

Call from none to "EXT" failed : Failed to open Device/Line. (see pic)

WebDialer.PNG    

Looking at the Cisco Troubleshooting guide, it says that the WebDialer is trying to use a telephone that is not registered with CallManager, or is not in service.   I am certain these phones are registered. 

This issue started recently when we upgraded CallManager from 7.1.5 to 8.6.2.    We also have the WebDialer service running through another oncall roster application with the same issue from the same phones. We have about 30 people using the WebDialer and 8 of them stopped working after the upgrade.  At first I thought it was a phone setting, but I supercopied the non-working phones with 8 new phones and the new phones all worked.  After a couple of days 2 of the new phones stopped working again.  All of these phones are 7965G's registered to the same subscriber.

Any help would be appreciated.      

8 Replies 8

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rodney

What is exact call Manager version you are using. After the upgrade , at any point of time did you perform any change to Device pool of these phones ? Or are these phones using extension mobility ?

Regards

Aditya

Hello Aditya,

We are running CUCM version 8.6.2.22900-9.  Since the upgrade we have not made any Device Pool changes to these phones.  The 2 phones currently having issues are in different Device Pools.  These phones are not using Device Mobility.

Thank you very much.

Rodney

Rodney,

Are all of the phones using the same authentication URL?  Try going to the IP address of the phone with /CGI/Screenshot at the end and log in with your CTI credentials.  If this doesn't work, you have an authentication issue.

Thanks,

Brian

Hello Brian,

I tried logging into the 3 non-working phones with the CTI credentials and received 2 different results.  Two gave me the cannot connect page and one seemed to log in and gave me the following:

This is the same result I get from phones that are able to use the WebDialer.  I can also find some phones that give the cannot connect page that work with the WebDialer.

Thank you for your help.

Rodney

Error 4 corresponds to an authentication error.  Can you log in fine using CTI credentials to the working phones?

Hello Brian,

We ended up restarting all of the CUCM servers in our cluster last night for another issue and I can now use the  WebDialer with all phones, even the 8 that stopped working right after our CUCM upgrade.

Not sure exactly what the issue was or which service was hung or not working, but the restart solved the issue.  Seems like if it was a services issue it would have stopped working on all phones.

Thanks for your help.

Rodney

Hi Rodney

Can you please attach the screen-shot from the CUCM device page for a working and non-working phone configuration.

Regards

Aditya

akimzhanov
Level 1
Level 1

deleting IP Phone from CUCM and adding back again was helpful for me.