cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client UC Lab

rodoneal09
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that would like to install CallManager in a classroom environment.  He will have 5 servers which will act independent from each other (meaning, they will not be clustered) .   Would I  need to sale him 5 independent CM licenses or could he just use (1) and replicated it?   I really don’t want to sell him (5) 50 user licenses for a classroom environment when each server will have only at the most 5 phones.   If I have to sell him 5 independent licenses, I would have to sell (5) UCSS licenses for each of the servers which would drive the cost up.   Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My interupetation of the licensing program would be five separate licenses. Since the license has to be tied against a MAC/LicenseMAC I'm not even sure how you would copy the license and reuse it.

I'm not a Cisco employee though and cannot answer authoritatively. Have you posed this question to the CAM?

How long does the Demo license last?  Also can I use the demo license accross multiple servers (not clustered).

afmmanicke
Level 1
Level 1

Why not just run the servers off the demo license?   It includes 3 server licenses and 150 DLUs so if the students ever wanted to move on to clustering servers they would be fine and they could have several phones registered.

If I am using the Software across the UCS platform.   Could i get away with using just 1 license and running (5) Different VM machines without clustering the servers....meaning run the servers machine indepentent of each other.   He wants the users to install the UC application (5) different times on (5) different servers without them being clustered.

I thought about the demo license but cannot find any document that stipulates the limitaions of it from a legal perspective. Is it customer-facing or intended for partner NFR kit usage (I have seen documents that suggest it's partner NFR use only)? Is the customer entitled to unlimited concurrent instances of it or just one?

If I am using the Software across the UCS platform.   Could i get away with using just 1 license and running (5) Different VM machines without clustering the servers

Maybe if every value in the License MAC is identical. Is it legal? Doubtful. Again, I suggest getting something in writing from a Cisco employee here.