Hi Netpro

I have this lab, whit CUCM 8.5(1)

Site A

Publisher 10.0.0.10

TFTP Server

Site B

Subscriber 20.0.0.10

TFTP Server

For the routing i have a 3650 with 2 vlan simulating L3 routing intersite. and the DHCP server is a Windows 2003 server with option 150 configured.

In the DHCP Server TFTP options is:

DHCP Scope site A

Network 10.0.0.0/8

TFTP Option 10.0.0.10 20.0.0.10

DHCP Scope site B

Network 20.0.0.0/8

TFTP Option 20.0.0.10 20.0.0.10

If i register a phone in site A the phone works OK on the Publisher, and if register phone in site B the phone register OK on the Subscriber, but if publisher or subcriber fail, the phones don't register in the backup server

All the services is active and running the publisher and subscriber and the database is OK. The device pool for the site, one have publisher first and the other have the subscriber first.

Any idea?

fixie rider
6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the CUCM Group configured like? Does it list both servers?

Chris

Yes

CUCM Group for site A have Publisher and Subscriber, and the CUCM Group for site B have Subscriber and Publisher.

Regards

fixie rider

Are you referencing the servers by hostname or IP addresses?

What if you assign site A group to site A DP, which server does it register to?

When you browse the IP address of the phone, does it list both servers as CM servers?

What is the phone status log show?

Chris

Are you referencing the servers by hostname or IP addresses?

The server reference is for IP.

Don't care wich is the order in CUCM Group the first TFTP set in the DHCP server the phone register there.

When you browse the IP address of the phone, does it list both servers as CM servers?

When browse the phone config in the TFTP show both server, but in the config Unified CM only see one CUCM.

What is the phone status log show?

Until server TFTP predetermined

Regards

fixie rider

Don't care wich is the order in CUCM Group the first TFTP set in the DHCP server the phone register there.

That is not the way it works, the CM group determines which server the device registers with not TFTP, it it registers with TFTP then that means the config file is not downloaded.

By browsing phone's IP I meant, enter the IP address of the phone in web browser and go go to Network Configuration --> locate CallManager 1 and CallManager 2, what shows up?

to view phone log press Settings --> Status on the phone or access it from the phone's web site per above

Chris

Chris

Thanks so much for your help finally the problem is a name resolution... layer 8 problem.The publisher server was sending hostname not IP address, with your help can see the problem. Now the configuration is correct and have HA.

Kind regards.

fixie rider