cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster to Cluster calls, phone keeps ringing after pickup

neteng2323
Level 1
Level 1

Our company (COMPANY A) recently merged with another company (COMPANY B).  They had a 6 digit extension plan and we had 4.  We've since converted our CUCM from 4 to 6 digit dialing.  However, they still have their own cluster as we haven't merged the 2 CUCM's yet.  The 2 clusters are connected via SIP trunk.  We have one site in particular that when receiving calls from the other companies cluster the phone continuously rings even after they lift the handset or hit speaker.

The line settings look fine on these phones.  The SIP trunk settings look ok, to my limited knowledge of SIP trunks. Route patterns are obviously correct since the call makes it to the destination.  The  calls work when the full number is dialed, just not the new 6 digit extension.  Call going back the other direction work, so it's just calls originating from COMPANY B-->COMPANY-A\Site D @ 6 digit extension.

6 Replies 6

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Can you post screenshots of the SIP Trunk from Company B?

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Here you go...

Can you uncheck "MTP Required" from both sides. You will need to reset the SIP Trunk, for the changes to take affect.

HTH

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Ended up being a missing DP relationship on the site region settings.

Edit:  Sorry I was in a hurry when I typed up the answer yesterday.  In a nutshell, it ended up being a codec negotiation problem between the 2 clusters.  What happened was one side of the trunk (Company A) was configured with a specific Device Pool.  That same device pool was not configured as a region relationship within the site-in-question's region settings.  

Hi,

Before changes, did you check the time of answer of network between Site A and B.
This can happens because of delay in the network. 

You can make a test and capture the package in CUCM CLI and check in wireshark to see signling between both sites.

Check if you will realy need MTP to make a calls to Site B.

Best regards,

Daniel Sobrinho

Daniel Sobrinho

Can you uncheck "MTP Required" from both sides. You will need to reset the SIP Trunk, for the changes to take affect.

HTH

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh