Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 7.0 in VMWare - network connectivity issue

Imran Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed CUCM 7.0 in VMWare with 100 GB HDD and 1024 MB RAM. I have a CUCM 6.0 running absolutely fine on the same machine. It seems like that I have intermittent network connectivity issues. When I setup a continuous ping I see that there are a lot of packets being dropped at regular intervals. I do not see the processing being stretched at all so not sure if this is an issue with the hardware. I have run CUCM 6.0 and UCCX 7.0 at the same time (2 VMWare machines).

Can anyone please guide me in this regards.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Imran,

Intermittent Ping drops as expected as CUCM does that on purpose, I am sure you can find many threads on this topic here.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for the quick response. It seems like that the GUI is not accessible at that time. I tested it on CUCM 6.0 and the ping responses are continuous. I tried installing CUCMBE 7.0 as well and I am getting the same issue. Due to this issue, I can't really work with that machine and really need to work on 7.0.

Thanks,

Imran.

P3Myee
Level 1
Level 1

yes, Chris is right. please check your netconfig of VMWARE, you can find vmnetcfg.exe in your VMWARE installation directory, use this tool to check.

good luck!

kaitao

Hi Kaitao,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Can you guide a bit more about the netconfig as how to use it and where to find it as I cant find it and a quick google search didn't help either.

Thanks.