cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 10.0 and 8811 phone

gene
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to get an 8811 phone working using fast track on a CME 10.0. Does anyone know the proper reference-pooltype to put for and 8811 or for all the 88xx phones? Seems there would be a document somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

13 Replies 13

eric.ahernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Gene,

The only thing I could find was this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12210701/fast-track-support-sip-phones

Thanks for the reply. I had already found this but it seems to make no recommendation as to which type of phone to use.

The information you are looking for is listed in the CME Administrator Guide published on January 29, 2015: 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm.pdf

eric.ahernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Gene,

The only thing I could find was this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12210701/fast-track-support-sip-phones

Pradeep S P
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please try this -

voice register pool-type  8811
 xml-config maxNumCalls 200
 xml-config busyTrigger 200
 num-lines 24
 description Cisco IP Phone 8811
 reference-pooltype 9971

This config is verified and recommended for CME 10.5. Ideally this should work for CME 10.0 too.
Inbuilt support for 8811 and all other 88xx phone types will be available in CME 11.0.

Hello

Is there a target release date for the CME 11.0 release to support 88xx series IP Phones natively?

Thanks.

Jordan

CME 11.0 available on 15.6(1)T IOS version scheduled to release on 11/30/2015.

With regards,

Pradeep

Pradeep, 

Where did you get this information on the release of CME 11.0 shipping on 11/30/2015. 

I've reviewed the recent (for the past few years) CME release schedule, and it appears that the a new CME version was being released in the "M" train of software; specifically in the 15.x(3)M in the late July time frame. For example, CME 10.5 was released with 10.4(3)M in late July 2014, whereas CME 10.0 was release with 10.3(3)M in late July 2013. So, if Cisco were to follow this pattern, CME 11.0 should be released in 15.5(3)M that's due for public release on July 31, 2015. 

I have acquired 8800 Series IP phones for use with CME, and I can't get the intercom feature to work with the CME 10.5 Fast Track feature for these phones. For the Fast Track reference prototype phone models I'm using Cisco's recommended reference prototypes specified in the CME Administrator Guide released in January 2015. 

IOS 15.5(3)M was released at the end of July 2015, but it contains CME 10.5 (not 11.0). Based on the information that Pradeep S P provided, CME 11.0 will be released with IOS 15.6(1)T on 11/30/2015.

I guess I will have to wait for several more months before being able to use 8800 series phones in my environment with the features that I need. I'm also pretty sure that this IOS version is going to be pretty buggy based on my experience with early T-train IOS releases - to the point of not being usable in certain cases. 

Hi Sirozha,

When you say intercom is not working, is it related to -

a. Making an intercom call

b. Phone not doing auto-answer when intercom call arrives.

What is the exact issue you are facing here?

I am from development team and we are aware of these timelines.

With regards,

Pradeep

Hi Sirozha,

This is a known issue on 8800 phones. Here phones do not answer the incoming intercom call automatically. 

With regards,

Pradeep

Pradeep, 

Please elaborate on this statement "Here phones do not answer the incoming intercom call automatically". Like I said in my response to your other question, with CME 10.5 and the 8800 phones (I tried 8811 and 8841), the intercom calls do not ring through. However, CME 10.5 doesn't have native support for 8800 series phones; hence, I was using the Fast Track feature with 8800 series phones. 

When 8800 phones get native support in CME 11.0,  this issue with the intercom calls not ringing through should get resolved (hopefully).

I would like to know if the SIP phones in CME have the intercom "no-mute" functionality like SCCP phones do. For example, I want to be able to press the intercom button on Phone A with the target intercom DN on Phone B and be able to open a two-way audio channel between Phone A and Phone B without a user at Phone B having to unmute their phone in order for me to be able to hear them. 

Thank you. 

Pradeep, with CME 10.5 running in IOS 15.4(3)M3, when intercoms are configured in CME in 8800 phones (I tried 8811 and 8841), the call doesn't ring though. The phone that initiates an intercom call just sits there and does nothing after the intercom button is pushed. Eventually, I get fast busy, but it takes a minute or so. The intercom target doesn't receive the call either. 

Regular on-net DN-to-DN calls work fine between the same phones on the same CME version. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: