Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 9.1 voice translation rule

love2xlr8
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

On our current configuration  one particular DID exp. 212-345-6789 rings to only one ext. 123, however Iike to have this same DID ring in another ext. 345 for example.. I tried adding the same rule as i have now, but i get an error telling the rule exist eventhough the DN is different..

Can someone shed some light on how the config is done.

Here is my current translation rule:

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /7186218249/ /10/
rule 2 /718-xxx-xxxx/ /10/
rule 4 /347-xxx-xxxx/ /10/
rule 5 /347-xxx-xxxx/ /10/
rule 6 /201-xxx-xxxx/ /11/
rule 7 /800-xxx-xxxx/ /10/
rule 8 /866-xxx-xxxx/ /10/
rule 9 /718-xxx-xxxx/ /16/
rule 10 /718-xxx-xxxx/ /15/
rule 11 /718-xxx-xxxx/ /10/

Thanks

Tim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Roger that. So you do want the inbound call to ring two DNs. Probably the easiest way is to create a broadcast hunt in CME and forward that DID to the hunt pilot

voice translation-rule 1
 rule 6 /2123456789/ /888/

voice hunt-group 1 parallel
 pilot 888
 list 123, 345
 final <put failover number here>
 timeout 20

If you want the hunt pilot to be used for this purpose only, and not for anyone internal to dial directly, you can change the 888 to 88A. The "A" is a dialable number as far as a router is concerned, but since you can't physically dial it from a phone it is a great way to isolate a dial string. (Like an intercom, for instance.)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

its as simple as just replacing the old rule as follows:

voice translation-rule x

rule x /2123456789/ /345/

Please rate all useful posts

When i add it to to the same voice translation-rule 1 i get an error:

Error: Duplicate with rule 6

Should i create another voice translation rule for this ?

You can replace rule 6 with the new rule, then you shouldn't get an error:

voice translation-rule 1
rule 6 /2123456789/ /345/

voice translation-rule rulesets don't like two of the same "match" strings in the list. The list is processed in a top-down fashion (like an ACL), so duplicate match strings are a problem.

Keep in mind that this will replace the existing Rule 6, which is currently sending the call to 123. It will send it now to 345 instead. If this is not the behavior you want - like you want it to ring both extensions - there are a couple of ways to do this. Let us know if that is the case.

I need that rule though, maybe i wasn't clear, I can modify it, but i need
the same rule for another DN, so pretty much i need the DID ring in only 2
DN

Roger that. So you do want the inbound call to ring two DNs. Probably the easiest way is to create a broadcast hunt in CME and forward that DID to the hunt pilot

voice translation-rule 1
 rule 6 /2123456789/ /888/

voice hunt-group 1 parallel
 pilot 888
 list 123, 345
 final <put failover number here>
 timeout 20

If you want the hunt pilot to be used for this purpose only, and not for anyone internal to dial directly, you can change the 888 to 88A. The "A" is a dialable number as far as a router is concerned, but since you can't physically dial it from a phone it is a great way to isolate a dial string. (Like an intercom, for instance.)

Maren,

That was it!! Thanks a lot!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: