cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME behavior with call blocking using COR and after hours

jmcornilla
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CME 8.X setup.  Call blocking is done by using both CORlists and after-hours blocking.  I assign a phone's calling privilege (can call internal, local, NDD, IDD)by assigning CORlists, but I try to control long distance calling (NDD and IDD) via PIN codes by using after-hours blocking.  Basically, phones that can call long distance should be able to do so only by using PIN codes.

I have configured some phones to be unable to call long distance, but when I login with the PIN, this phone can call any numbers blocked by the after-hours blocking.  Is this the expected behavior when using COR with after-hours blocking?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Actually even 9T conflitcs with 9... as well with anything that begins with 9 and is ended by timeout.

So, do not use dots as long as possible. Use digits matching, for example 9[2-9]....T for numbers that begin with possible digits from 2 to 9, are of variable lenght with a minimum of five digts.

Also, with COR you must use "huntstop" for all DPs that can be matched by any dialed string.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. In fact it's quite possible that you won't need COR in presence of after-hours with PIN override.

The client wanted to handpick phones that will be able to call long distance, then they want employees that own these phones to key in PIN codes before they can call these numbers.  For example, a phone may login and be able to call NDD, but not IDD.  Is there a way to do this or is this a limitation for the CME platform?

Yes, that can be done with COR and/or after-hours PIN override. If it is not working for you then you will have to review the configuration for correctness.

Here are some snippets of the configuration.  Some items have been edited for confidentiality purposes.

dial-peer cor list CALL-LOCAL

member LOCAL

!

dial-peer cor list CALL-IDD

member IDD

!

dial-peer cor list USER-LOCAL

member LOCAL

!

dial-peer cor list USER-LOCAL-GSM-NDD-IDD

member LOCAL

member GSM

member NDD

member IDD

!

dial-peer voice 123 pots

corlist outgoing CALL-IDD

description *** IDD_CALL ***

translation-profile outgoing PSTN_OUTGOING

destination-pattern 900T

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind disconnect enable 8

port 0/0/0:15

forward-digits all

!

telephony-service

after-hours block pattern 1 909.........

after-hours block pattern 2 902T

after-hours block pattern 3 903T

after-hours block pattern 4 904T

after-hours block pattern 5 905T

after-hours block pattern 6 906T

after-hours block pattern 7 907T

after-hours block pattern 8 908T

after-hours block pattern 9 900T

after-hours day Sun 00:00 23:59

after-hours day Mon 00:00 23:59

after-hours day Tue 00:00 23:59

after-hours day Wed 00:00 23:59

after-hours day Thu 00:00 23:59

after-hours day Fri 00:00 23:59

after-hours day Sat 00:00 23:59

!

ephone-dn  11  dual-line

number 1100

corlist incoming USER-LOCAL

!

ephone  11

mac-address AAAA.AAAA.AAAA

max-calls-per-button 2

type 7942

button  1:11

pin 1234

What I encountered is that although this phone is only configured for local calls via corlist, it can still call IDD after logging in.  Is there anything that I should look into?

You might have other dial-peers allowing the call.

Note to avoid using a translation-profile with variable-lenght numbers use:

destination-pattern 9[0][0][1-9]....T

default forward-digits

Yes, I have a a dial-peer with destination set as 9T with corlist as CALL-LOCAL. I use this as a "catch-all" dial-peer for fastfood and government hotlines that are either 3 or 5-digit numbers only.  However, isn't it that my dial peer with destination 900T will be used because it is the most specific match?

I would also like to add that IDD calls only get permitted after logging in with the PIN code.  Prior to that, the call is blocked for this phone.

I dont think that the fastfood numbers you mentioned can start with 00, so you just should configure destination-pattern accordingly in every dial-peer.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the star below.

Say if I were to configure dial-peers with destinations 9... and 9....., won't these get in conflict with numbers that are longer than those patterns?  Say I dial 9006512345678, won't CME quickly use dial-peer with 9... pattern?

Actually even 9T conflitcs with 9... as well with anything that begins with 9 and is ended by timeout.

So, do not use dots as long as possible. Use digits matching, for example 9[2-9]....T for numbers that begin with possible digits from 2 to 9, are of variable lenght with a minimum of five digts.

Also, with COR you must use "huntstop" for all DPs that can be matched by any dialed string.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: