cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME CCP Telephony Settings edits won't deliver - "This alias is already being used."

Mason Bergman
Level 1
Level 1

I am learning CME and having trouble modifying the max extensions and max phones in CCP (Telephony Settings).  When I click to deliver the modified Telephony Settings, I get the error message:

Configuration failed:  Configuring 'tftp-server flash:SCCP69xx.9-0-3-b.loads alias SCCP69xx.9-0-3-b.loads'
Response from device: This alias is already being used. Please use another alias

Since it isn't clear how to change the alias, I tried removing it several times, with "no alias".  But when I do the below the alias is still there.  Is there an easy workaround for this?

show telephony-service tftp-bindings
2 Replies 2

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mason,

Have you tried doing this with the below:

telephony-service

shut

Try changing the max-ephones and dn after this. If you still get the same error message, try deleting the particular file in flash.

HTH

Rajan

Thanks for the help.  The telephony-service command didn't keep the error message from popping up again.  I went and deleted the specified file in flash and went to deliver the changes but then it showed the same error message for a different file. The same process repeated itself for a while, so I've decided to stay clear of CCP and favor the command line instead, at least until an answer is found.  Thanks again Rajan.