cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME configs to enable Conference calling on 7941s

ualeem101
Level 1
Level 1

Having trouble getting the 7941s to make conference calls i.e. joining a third party after both have answered. 

5 Replies 5

ualeem101
Level 1
Level 1

You're missing required configuration, refer to the conferencing chapter in the CME admin guide and test again once all the necessary config is in place.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Reviewed the config ,

sccp local, bind commands were missing.. might you have not copied to the pdf file.

See, there are 2 parts of the problem, conference bridge for registration and codec negotiation.

Check the dsp with sccp commands and see conf bridge is registered. If you are not a command prompt guy, make a conference call within cisco phones only. If this works, then conference bridge is hosted on the cme and hence no need to check the configurations for registration.

Rest all falls on Codec negotiation, Third Party phones might be using different codec, hence you will need to check the configuration changes and add the codec in the conference bridge codec and in addition from software to hardware conference bridge.

If you want to do a shortcut, configure as hardware conference bridge and all codecs in the bride configuration. If your basic configuration is right, the conference calls would work.

Regards,

Tirtha

Regards, Tirtha

Thanks for the input. I do not have the sccp local and bind commands. I will input those. How do I verify the conf bridge is registered?

All the phones are Cisco 7941, there is one that is a 7937 and 7961

Should I be using software conferencing or hardware?

Thanks again 

@ualeem101 wrote:

Thanks for the input. I do not have the sccp local and bind commands. I will input those. How do I verify the conf bridge is registered?

Thanks again 

Status is shown in either "show sccp" or "show dspfarm profile"