Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Mixed shared line incoming calls busy signal

rajarajiv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a mixed Shared line configuration on my CME. The extension resides as both an ephone-dn and voice register dn.

When placing an incoming call to this extension the first few calls work. However, after that the users start to hear busy signal.

I have to reboot the router every couple of hours and calls work again for a couple of times and the problem resurfaces.

6 Replies 6

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
CME version and config please ?

Hi Nipun,

Here is the configuration

The CME version is 9.1

Per your config, maximum calls allowed on the shared line will be 2 which is the default. Increase them to 16 and then monitor the situation -

voice register dn X
shared-line max-calls 16

If you need to you can lower that number to better suit your requirement. Range is from 2 - 16.

Hi Nipun,

My apologies I should have clearer in describing the issue. The calls start failing to the shared dn has already received and disconnected the first few calls. Any subsequent calls after the after that point come up with a fast busy. 

The only good observation I could make is, when is ran the skinny debugs it would show me that the first channel on the ephone-dn (octo line in this case) would come up as remote-in-use. Even though the dn was not handling any calls at that time.

I checked your config again and see that both your pools and ephone have a "busy trigger of 1". Remove this, add the config I mentioned in my other post and then run some tests. If everything works fine, you would know it is not an issue with the shared-line and can tweak those numbers further to suit the needs.