Views
Helpful
Replies

CME MOH sounds terrible

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Running CME 8.6 on a 3825.  I have a WAV file as the MOH.  Whenever it is played it sounds "screechy" for lack of a better work, almost like overdrive but I have reduced the volume of the file.  It plays at a lower volume now but still sounds overdriven and screechy.  Any one have any ideas on what I can look at to adjust?   Thanks in advance!

All replies rated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi angel-moon,

If this is a custom MOH file, then the following needs to be kept in mind:

A music file must be in stored in the router's  flash memory. This file should be in G.711 format. The file can be in  .au or .wav file format, but the file format must contain 8-bit 8-kHz  data; for example, ITU-T A-law or mu-law data format.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmemoh.html#wp1010384

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi angel-moon,

If this is a custom MOH file, then the following needs to be kept in mind:

A music file must be in stored in the router's  flash memory. This file should be in G.711 format. The file can be in  .au or .wav file format, but the file format must contain 8-bit 8-kHz  data; for example, ITU-T A-law or mu-law data format.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmemoh.html#wp1010384

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If MoH was, e.g, an mp3, it needs to be converted with proper software like Adobe Audition (there are many others). and equalized to the right levels. If that is not done, it will sound bad.

Thanks All,

I found a nice link on YouTube walking me through converting the file.

Sometimes this issue could be cause when the audio is play as G.729

Please rate all useful posts