cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME not forwarding external calls to CUE voicemail

PaulBunyanTech
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with our voicemails on Unity Express that are not working form external calls. When I call into our system using an external number my phone will ring correctly but when it should go to voicemail all I hear is just dead air. But when I call to my extension from another extension the voicemail works fine. Our CME is version 12.0 and CUE is Verison 8.6.7. any advice is greatly appreciated.

23 Replies 23

The IP Phones are not ringing. So if I call from my cell to one of the sip numbers I get a message "The number is not service" but I may get this message 10 times and one will finally go through fine and ring the Phones and then will forward to CUE fine. If I call my POTS Line it working fine all the time.

I am not natting the WAN Side of The CUCME it has a public IP from my ISP. There is nat setup on ISR for the internal networks. 

I have attached my current running config and I also called the sip number twice one want through fine and other did not. I have commented which ones they were. 

Thanks

Hi ,

just to make sure, can you please do another couple of calls for me activating the same debug and indicating the non working call?

Thanks a lot 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

I have attached the debug log. I have called another 3 times using 2 cell phones and all three times it failed to ring the phone.

The IP Phone says i have 3 missed calls but the phone never rang. 

Hi,

Please, under voice service voip -- sip.

rel1xx disable

Try again and attach the usual debug.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

I found where the issue was. I was testing a freepbx box and it must have taken the sip session once i switch CUCME hardware. i have disabled that and now my CUCME is working correctly now. thanks for the help. 

I have discovered a new issue with this. When I have an incoming call coming in from my sip trunk provider. The IP Phone will ring normally but once I try and answer it. It will drop the call right away on the IP Phone  

One other thing. If downgrade to CUCME 11.0 the calls work fine. But Once I upgrade to CUCME 12.0 this problem happens. I would like to use 12.0 for the native support for the 8845 IP phones that we have. I have also checked with my sip provider and im CUCME is selecting the g711ulaw codec from them.

Did you collect any logs for a test call that we can look at ?

yes. I have attached a copy of debug ccsip messages of a call coming and when i answer it. and my current running config. it looks like im getting SIP/2.0 482 Loop Detected error once the call is answered.