cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME: (Un)hide internal extension on button press and/or to numbers in directory during external calls

Benedikt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to find a solution for this situation:

User X has i.e. the internal number 3047.

When User X calls external team members on their mobile the two last parts of his number should be visible to them. However, if he's calling foobar the centralized number should be displayed.

Handling this via voice translation-rules is not dynamic enough (I'm only able to send the extension of X to everybody or to no one).

I'm looking for a way to either allow the users to press a button which will (de)activate the 'send extension' function or to send the extension to all numbers that are present in the 'directory entry' section.

I did quite a lot of research, but was unable to find a (possible) solution for this issue.

I stumbled across 'privacy' (not what I looked for), multiple translation patterns (e164-pattern-map), clid restrict options etc. but most of them weren't applicable to our VoIP/ISDN setup or were undynamic on or off only.

Internally we use Cisco SIP Phones (8851) and our land-line is ISDN. IOS Version 15.6(3)

I'm happy to provide all sorts of information, configuration, debug logs etc.

Thanks everyone for helping out!

Benedikt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

You should be able to get this to work with translation rules.

I would create a new outbound peer and add a prefix to the destination pattern.  Something like 991T if your standard pattern is 1T. This way you can dial the 99 prefix when you want to match this peer.  

Then just use a translation rule to strip the prefix and adjust the ANI however you want.

That should work.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

You should be able to get this to work with translation rules.

I would create a new outbound peer and add a prefix to the destination pattern.  Something like 991T if your standard pattern is 1T. This way you can dial the 99 prefix when you want to match this peer.  

Then just use a translation rule to strip the prefix and adjust the ANI however you want.

That should work.

You sir, are a genius!

Thanks you for this solution - I'm quite embarrassed that I wasn't able to come up with this on my own, haha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: