Views
Helpful
Replies

Co-Residense of MGCP in CME for CM

Naisamuddin pk
Level 1
Level 1

Hai,

I have CME and Call Manager for one custemer. This CME is integrated with Call Manager using H.323 gateway. I want to use the one of E1 port in this router as MGCP gateway for Call Manager. So i can back haul  E1 port to Call Manager and Call Mnager will handle the Call.

Is it possible..?. If it is not possible please give me some other solution.

Thanks,

Naisamuddin PK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Naisamuddin

Yes, it is possible.You can have one E1 port registered to CUCM, and still have same gateway as H323 on CUCM.

But doesn't make sense why you want to use this way. How CME phones will receive the call? Will you have another PRI not controlled by MGCP, so CME can recieves call?

If you want to have your E1 port registered to CUCM, get the phone registered to CUCM as well. Please clarify why you want that way.

Thank you

- abu

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should use H.323, that is a more robust protocol, and has many advantages.

Hello Naisamuddin

Yes, it is possible.You can have one E1 port registered to CUCM, and still have same gateway as H323 on CUCM.

But doesn't make sense why you want to use this way. How CME phones will receive the call? Will you have another PRI not controlled by MGCP, so CME can recieves call?

If you want to have your E1 port registered to CUCM, get the phone registered to CUCM as well. Please clarify why you want that way.

Thank you

- abu

mgcp and h323 would also have to be bound to different IP addresses

Hai Abu,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am having another PRI for CME. Through second PRI i want to integrate my ERICSON BD 250 PBX with Call Manager.For that i want to configure this PRI as MGCP gateway for Call Manager. Can you give me some sample MGCP sample configuration which contain CME and MGCP configuration...?

Thanks,

Naisamuddin PK