cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Command to show which calls are using xcode resource

Tom Ribbens
Level 1
Level 1

I can see on the gateway that transcoding resources are being used with the command "show dspfarm all". Now I would like to find out any identifying information about the calls needing transcoding, so I can figure out why they need it.

Is there any command on a voice gateway which shows me any information (phone number for example) about the call being transcoded. Or will I have to dig through the CUCM traces?

4 Replies 4

Rajkumar Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Tom,

Please try "show sccp connections"

It will show you the MTP resources utilized or not for particular live call.

Hi Tom,

You can use show dspfarm dsp active command to check what all profiles are being invoked .but for details as said by AOK , u need to dig up traces.

regds,

aman

you can use "show call active voice" command. It gives you detailed information per leg basis.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/voice-quality/40309-show-call-act-voice.html

transcoders will be used when there is codec mismatch on the call. With the above command, you can check what is codec used in the Inbound Leg/Outbound Leg and which dial-peer it is matched and so on.

//Suresh

Please rate all the helpful posts.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All of the suggested commands will show you the active xcoding sessions but will not tell you exactly why. Show call active voice brief will show you different capabilites from each call leg and you may deduce why your cals need a xcoder..But to know why in detail you need CUCM traces. CUCM will tell you why a xcoder is been invoked..It is the best place to know for sure WHY!

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: