cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Concurrent calls in one E1 channel?

Nehpal Rathore
Level 1
Level 1

We have 4×E1 (PRI) line with 4 pilot number. Each E1 associated with one Pilot number and have 30 channel that mean 30 concurrent calls can be make . So in total we have 4xE1 then 120 concurrent call (incoming and outgoing together).

PRI_01_(038316xxxx)_IP_172.15.x.x
PRI_02_(038887xxxx)_IP_172.15.x.x
PRI_03_(038316xxxx)_IP_172.15.x.x
PRI_04_(038892xxxx)_IP_172.15.x.x

If my above statement is correct then below is my question.

1. If my first PRI_01_(038316xxxx)_IP_172.15.x.x is down then there is no call (incoming/outgoing) to this pilot number associated with this PRI or E1?

2. if all 4xE1 are up, even though one pilot number can have 30 concurrent calls only incoming and outgoing?

5 Replies 5

If the DID blocks are bound to each PRI you cannot say 120 Concurrent call in total.

If my first PRI_01_(038316xxxx)_IP_172.15.x.x is down then there is no call (incoming/outgoing) to this pilot number associated with this PRI or E1?

In such  scenarios we  ask ISP to route all 4 blocks on all 4 PRI lines so in case one PRI is down, the call will be routed ( both incommig and outgoing) through Other PRI lines.

Response Signature

Is any way on VGW to check that all 4 blocks are routed through other PRI lines?

For incoming this is handled by your ISP. if you want to test this, remove one PRI and call the block and see if it lands on your VG through other active PRI. But i dont recommend doing this and  Instead of that i would recommend to talk to your ISP.

Other way is if you debug the gateway, you can see if ISP is hunting through the PRI.

Response Signature

Both of your questions rely to configuration on your service provider end. You need to check with them how they route calls to your circuits. If they route calls to any number to all of your circuits you would have the ability to get the number of calls that equate to the total number of channels of your the combined E1s. However if they send some numbers to only one E1 circuit then the total amount of calls to this number is limited to the number of channels that this circuit has and you would not get any calls if that specific circuit is non operational.

Response Signature

thanks Roger