cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration of Elevator/Lift Remote Monitoring Modem via CUCM?

K L
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am looking into if anyone has successfully configured an elevator or life modem via CUCM. These are the devices used for remote monitoring of certain elevator brands via modem connection, and sometimes offer switching between data connection and voice/audio communication.

Examples are OTIS REM (Remote Elevator Monitoring), Schindler, Thyssen TeleService, etc....

I have not been able to find any details or information on requirements or compatibility. Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you.

* I am aware of the implications and risks of having such setup via AVG/VG/CUCM system. I am strictly interested in technical configuration information for such setup.

----------------------------------------
Cisco UC Architect
1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With the “don’t do this” risk out of the way, ask the vendor what data protocols they use. It will need to be a standard dialup modem such as V.34 for modem relay to work. You might be able to get modem passthrough to work with proprietary stuff since the Cisco gateway isn’t trying to understand the tones. You will almost certainly need ISDN or POTS for a PSTN connection; SIP providers don’t support modems nor the Cisco proprietary modem relay or passthrough switchover process.