cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration question for 8851 Multiple Line Keys - 1 call per line key same Extension

Hello,

We have a client who would like the 10 line 8851 model phone. We are trying to figure out a way to program this phone in what we call a receptionist mode. We were able to do this configuration using the Polycom VVX411 but cannot seem to figure out a way of replicating it on this phone.

Essentially what we are trying to do is program the receptionist extension to all 10 available lines and allow 1 call per line so that they can quickly juggle all of the calls, put them on hold and transfer accordingly. Currently we were able to get this kind of working where 5 calls appear on the first line key and 5 on a second line key but they have to toggle up and down to get to the different calls. Or is there a way to increase to where all 10 calls could appear on 1 line key versus 2 different line keys? Any help would be appreciated in getting a solution.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you. I got the files. However it looks like you sent me the template files and not the actual config from the phone. So I cannot really see what your real config is. 

But from what I see in the template I think you have to set 

Extension_N_ to 1 (All of them to 1)

and

Line_ID_Mapping to Vertical

This is just an assumption from the template. You can try it out and see if it helps. Otherwise you can send out the actual config from the phone and I can check.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

bijpraka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using a MPP? If yes, please share the config in private.

@bijpraka wrote:

Are you using a MPP? If yes, please share the config in private.

Hello bijpraka I sent you a private message last week. Just wanted to also send something here.

Thank you. I got the files. However it looks like you sent me the template files and not the actual config from the phone. So I cannot really see what your real config is. 

But from what I see in the template I think you have to set 

Extension_N_ to 1 (All of them to 1)

and

Line_ID_Mapping to Vertical

This is just an assumption from the template. You can try it out and see if it helps. Otherwise you can send out the actual config from the phone and I can check.

Thanks.

Thanks bijpraka,

This information helped my technical team and they were able to get it configured the way we were wanting and the end client is extremely happy. Thank you for your help, much appreciated.