cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure MLPP on CUCM 8.6

Emin Aliyev
Level 1
Level 1

There was CUCM 5.2 and MLPP configuration,after upgrating MPLL Domain stop working.What is issue ?

How i must configure MLPP on CUCM 8.6 ? On CUCM 8.6 i have  MLPP configuration in device pool,but on CUCM 8.6 this selection absence

Can anyone help me to resolve this problem ?

12 Replies 12

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Emin,

Please elaborate on  selection absence and MLPP domain stopped working.

Please follow the link for MLPP configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsmlpp.pdf

regds,

aman

i configured MLPP  domain.Assign  phones to this domain.

in 7970 phone i assigned MLPP id =on MLPP preemtion Forceful.
in 7960 phone configuration i assigned MLPP in=on MLPP preemtion= default.
Also configure MLPP parameters on  Enteprise Parameters.
But this Configuration isn`t  work.If  7960 phone on call with another phone ,and 7970 calling to 7960 ,7970 doesn`t preemt call

I configure everything by guide.But result is,MLPP doesn`t working.Is there another configuration for MLPP in CUCM 8.6 ?
Do  i need extra configurations?

Hi Emin,

Have u configured following in Enterprise Parameters:

a. MLPP Domain Identifier: set to Domain u want to  configure.

b. MLPP Indiacation Status : set to ON.

c. MLPP Preemption Setting: Set to ForceFule Preemtion.

regds,

aman

Hi
Yea i have configured  Enterprise Parameters as you wrote.

Hi Emin,

Did u reset phone ?

regds,

aman

Is there any video tutorial for MLPP ?

yes.i have reset phones

Hi Emin,

Hope Xlation patterns would also be configured.

May be something to related to SCCP firmware versions of Phones.

regds,

aman

Dear Aman,

Thank you for your replies. I am colleague of Emin. MLPP worked fine after setting Busy Trigger on the destination phones to 1. But now we'he faced another issue: When the users calls to the destination phones without MLPP Xlations they get busy tone because of Busy Trigger. And really, as we see from the old CCM, destination phones are configured with BusyTrigger=2 and that configuration was working

Hi Ruslan,

We did the configuration on MLPP in same CUCM version but did not change any Busy Trigger value and was working.

Let me check and will get back to you tomorrow.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman

I out MLPP domain configuration we need that when Top Manager call another managers in same MLPP domain ,his call was with hight preference and immediately preemt call.When Top Manager is calling to manager ,called manager even if he on call whit anyone else,their call must hangup and Top Manager`s call must ringing.While hangup manager must hear  long voices like bbbbbbbbbbbbb.

When we configure MLPP Domain with busy trigger 2 or more , preemtion was not correct ,beside  long voice like  bbbbbbbbbbb called maneger head short voices like bb-bb-bb-bb-bb .After we set busy trigger to 1 we get  correct preemption.But when setting  busy trigger 1  on line ,only one call can be,second can`t.If users in MLPP domain with busy trigger 1 he could bee calledonly by one person  calling to ,second person who is calling to ,heard reolder voices.

How can fix this situation?

Aman can you describe MLPP configuration  which you make  ?

Hi Emin,

We had installed CIPC in our setup and no hardphones were there.We did not do any major change in config.What I have been telling u , we did that only and was working.

Getting the info from there is not possible because of access restrictions.What I suggest is to open the  TAC case and get it resolved?

regds,

aman