Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configure silent panic button on 6921 ip phone

Hi, I want to configure a "panic button" in our classroom ip phone. For now I've just configure a specific CSS and translation pattern so when we activate the line or offhook the phone, they automaticly call the security desk. But the user ask me if it's possible to push a button or line and call the security but do not activate the speaker. So the security can hear what happens in the class but the classroom can't hear the security guy. It's like for a shooter guy enter the class and we don't want to notic him that we call security.

So is it possible to make that. I have CUCM 8.6 and 6921 Cisco Ip phone.

Thanks                  

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use Whisper Intercom, check out feature/service guide:

1. Intercom, a type of phone line, combines the functionality of a traditional line and a speed dial. With an intercom line, a user can call the intercom line of another user, which auto-answers to one-way audio whisper. The recipient can then acknowledge the whispered call and initiate a two-way intercom call.

Users can use an intercom line to dial any other intercom line in the intercom partition, or you can preconfigure the line to target an intercom line outside the intercom partition.

Intercom allows a user to place a call to a predefined target. The called destination auto-answers the call in speakerphone mode with mute activated. This sets up a one-way voice path between the initiator and the destination, so the initiator can deliver a short message, regardless of whether the called party is busy or idle.

To ensure that the voice of the called party does not get sent back to the caller when the intercom call is automatically answered, Cisco Unified Communications Manager implements whisper intercom. Whisper intercom means that only one-way audio exists from the caller to the called party. The called party must manually press a key to talk to the caller.

HTH,

Chris

suzanneh
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a solution? We would like to a teacher to be able to dial ??? to announce shooter is at ? hoping this will go out over the phones with speakers for everyone to hear.