cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configure T.38 fax relay on CME router using FXS card

Abdulkader Naji
Level 1
Level 1

I have FXS card and I need to use it to send fax and receive faxes over my voice CME ISR4331 router which have SIP trunk configured already.

I read about the T.38 Fax relay configuration and I believe the solution will be to configure T.38 globally and create inbound dial-peer pointing to port on FXS port and outbound dial-peer to use one of SIP DOD range.

is the scenario is correct on my case ... any one suggest better solutions.

I attached document of fax relay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ISR-4k only supports NIM cards. VICS/WVICS are not supported. There is no forward compatibility for these cards with the new generation ISR's.
You either purchase a NIM-FXS or you go with an ATA.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

You pretty much have the right idea. Make sure your ITSP supports t38 and see if there are any restrictions or conditions for it to work properly.  

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You are right. There is no dependability for the FXS card and fax protocol. The fax protocol is only relevant b/w the router and the ITSP SIP trunk.

I have Cisco Router ISR 4331 and I wan to configure Voice Card 2 Analog port with it?
do you think it supports.
or should I use ATA and configure it with CME ISR router.

the router Model ISR4331-V/K9 and FXS card part number is VIC3-2FXS/DID

ISR-4k only supports NIM cards. VICS/WVICS are not supported. There is no forward compatibility for these cards with the new generation ISR's.
You either purchase a NIM-FXS or you go with an ATA.