Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring ISDN with H323 Gateway

Imran Ul Haq
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning Guys

Can you engineers please help me verify an issue....

I have a CUCM 8.6.2 running h.323 and isdn. The ISDN circuts have a number of channels  - 6 channels in total to work with.

The user would like to configure the gateway such that 4 timeslots (channels) are utilised for incoming calls.

The user would also like ot configure the gateway such that 6 channels (the 4 mentioned above, plus 2 additional), can be utilised for outbound calling.

The initial h323 configuration and relevant dial peers are in place. The gateway is currently functioning well.
How can I configure this as such? An example would be would be wonderful.

Is this done with cor lists implemented through dial peers?

Best Regards

This is what i think currently, but my fellow engineers are wondering if it is true or not

Thanks for all your help guys.

Best Regards

Imran

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the voip dial-peer going to CM, configure, 'max-conn 4''.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just to add to Paolo' suggestions..Here a few things to note

1. You cant determine which channels call come in to your gateway from the PSTN. Your provider does this. You dont get to select which channels can be used, your provider sends calls based upon the number of circuits provisioned for you.

The command max-conn (limits the number of calls to your CUCM) but it does not stop calls from beign sent to your gateway from your provider.

2. The only place you can choose what channels you use for outbound calls is in the outbound direction. You can use trunk-group configuration to select which channel you use for outbound calls.

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

That is correct. But in these cases, all the customer wants is to have free lines to dial out (especialy for managers). And the command does that.

They don't care if caller get busy signal or if the circuits are insufficient.

Imran Ul Haq
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, thanks for your help so far:

When I was doing research on the matter, I came accross the following link, which i thought may be close to the required configuration, am i right?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24098

Yes, the user wants to have a couple of free lines to dial out...

Can I just ask, regarding the max-connections command - e.g. max-conn 4 - if four inbound calls are taking place, then is it still possible to make a call outbound (this would effectively be the fifth call, and sixth and so on) ?

Best Regards Guys

appreciate this very much

Also - cant really post config online as it is used by some medical practices etc.

As explained above: yes.

Please remember to rate usrful posts clicking on the stars below.

Yes as Paolo suggested. The maximum number of calls that will be sent to your CUCM will be 4. Hence you will have 2 free channels for outbound calls.

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: