cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect two CUCM remote cluster with different Lines (SIP+E1)

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi guys,

I have two remote site of CUCM (one site has E1 and one has SIP) can I connect between both sites to be able to call local phones with each other between two sites?

or I need to make both SIP?

Thanks

Mohammad Saeed

23 Replies 23

Thank you Saif! Links are valuable.

Please rate and vote my post if it is helpful
Saiful Islam

i have many customer with the same scenario what you have. i did ICT for most cases. There are some other way as well SIP trunk or CUBE also. but i prefer to use ICT and for you i recommend to do inter-cluster trunk to avoid confusion and make it simple.

Saiful Islam

@Md. Saiful Islam Jehadi

I am curios to know why you are advising the OP to use a dying protocol. Why would you advise anyone today to use ICT. No one is developing H323 protocol anymore and most endpoints run SIP today. Have you considered the inter operability issues between SIP endpoints and H323?DTMF, supplementary services etc?

OP: Please use SIP trunks between your clusters.

Please rate all useful posts

So you prefer sip connection between two clusters? Any document or video explain it how? 

That is the way to go these days like Deji mentioned. Less interop issues and more advancement on a protocol level itself.
I suggested you two possible ways of which SIP trunking is the most preferred but again your concern was more around how to get the two sites to communicate with each other directly.

Do I need two sites has sip line from isp or if i have mpls wan connection is enough. ?

SIP is L7. You need something at L2/L3/L4 to move the packets. That is where your MPLS/RP comes in. If that is in place and you have connectivity, you can use either SIP or H.323 on top of that. You would obviously talk to your ISP to enforce DSCP for your signaling and RTP.

mpls wan connection is enough.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: