Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting to CUCM from a remote site

Steve Baker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way of getting a Cisco IP phone to work at a remote site location (Not connected to our LAN / WAN)? If so what extra kit / config work would be needed to get it to connect to our main branch?

We are currently running CUCM 6.1 with Unity 7.0 in our head office. We have a number of users who travel to remote sites on a regular basis. At the moment to make any phone calls they will use the blackberries. We would like if possible to connect them into the phone system at the main branch so any calls are routed through here and any calls to their extensions go directly to them. To access their data they currently use Cisco Anyconnect.

I am aware we could use IP communicator with a headset once they have connected over Anyconnect, however I am wondering if there is anyway we could have a physical phone plugged in and connected to the main office system.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

alijames
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm guessing you already have an ASA to run your anyconnect, so you might want to check out the Phone Proxy for ASA.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns394/ns165/ns391/at_a_glance_C45-500231_v1.pdf

We use it for our 7921 wifi phones, and home workers with 79xx hard phones, and it works a treat. Licensing is currently a bit daft though as if running in failover, you need to have double the licenses you need, and half are never able to be used. Cisco have promised to improve this shortly...

Cheers,

Alistair