cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate directory issue

blive56133
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I have the following issue. At one site we have Cisco and Avaya phones. Corporate directory for cisco phones shows only LDAP entries which have +xy (13 digit number) format. Avaya users don’t have DDI numbers and are shown in LDAP with 4-digit numbers so they are not visible on cisco phones.

I cannot change current LDAP filter in CUCM and Avaya user numbers have to be visible in corporate directory but not on all the cisco phones (only on some).

How can this be achieved?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No way around this, the default corporate directory will be based on uses synced from LDAP, if you do not add the users with 4 digit numbers, they won't show, and there's no way to change the directory to show only users to certain phones.

You would need to build your own directory for that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

http://aurus5.com/phoneup/directory/ 

This 3rd party app provides everything you need - you'll be able to import both Cisco and Avaya contacts, modify phone numbers on the fly (if needed) and manage the access to the corporate directory segments.

What happens to a 3rd party application after CUCM upgrade to a new version? All data is deleted, I have to upgrade that software as well, something else?

If CUCM settings remain the same, the Directory app continues working.