Helpful
Replies

Creating SIP trunk between CUCM and Grandstream UCM6510

ciscoguy88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can I check whether this is achievable? 

We have actually create the SIP trunk between this 2 but not able to call each other.

Our CUCM version is 8.02.40000-1.

So was wondering will this work.Is there any version compatibility issue or device compatibility issue?

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Look at Cisco's interoperability portal, if there's nothing listed there, from Cisco's side that was never tested and no way to answer your question regarding versions/compatibility, do the same if something similar exists from Grandstream to find out their position on this. Suggest you spend some time on google to find out if someone has tried this before.

If neither one has done compatibility testing, you'll have to start reviewing traces/debugs to find out why it fails and determine how to fix it, it might be a setting on either side or you might need to do some SIP normalization.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Have a look on below link. Make sure u  done all required configurations. U May need to put some extra effort analysing debugs and traces.

https://support.yeastar.com/hc/en-us/articles/218130557-How-to-Connect-Cisco-Unified-Call-Manager-to-MyPBX?mobile_site=true

Response Signature

Yes, I have configure based on that article.

May I know do I need RTMT for this troubleshooting? I can't seem to find how to check the traces.

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

When you say "not able to call each other" what is the actual error?  Have you looked at the signalling to see what messages are exchanged between the two?

Hi,

Actually the other site have error 404. My side is not the usual ringing dial tone. Is like engaged tone instead.

May I know where I can check the signaling? Sorry I'm quite newbie in this cucm stuff

404 is "Not Found" normally meaning that the number you are trying to call can't be found in the system you're calling.

To look at the signalling one option would be to use packet capture from the CUCM, this is then downloaded and you can look at it with Wireshark.

Or use RTMT to collect CUCM traces

Or use a SPAN port to "sniff" traffic between the devices and connect a PC running Wireshark.

Apart from the trunk have you created any call routing configuration in CM and the same in the other system so that calls would route between the two via the trunk?

Response Signature

Yes, there is a route pattern configured. Same as in the other system.

Actually in our current CUCM, we have others SIP trunk which is working but those are between same cisco brand.

Only this Grandstream UCM is a first time setup and not sure what could go wrong with the same config but just different in route pattern, region and device pool.

Then your down to what Tony and Nithin suggest, you need to look at the output for calls in the traces to see where it goes wrong.

Response Signature