cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Route point extended to mobility user - not seeing correct caller ID

mtkelly01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Mental Health Crisis team that fields calls via Mobility from a CTI Route Point. When I call from internal desk phone caller ID on the mobility cell phones is displaying correctly - my desk phone number. When Calling form my cell phone which also happens to be a mobility end point, the caller ID displays correctly as well. Heres where the problem is: When calling from my personal cell phone to that route point number, the caller id is displaying our outgoing main number.

Is it possible to always guarantee the mobility cell phones at the end of the route point get true caller ID?

3 Replies 3

kkoeper12
Level 3
Level 3

Since the mobility calls look like outgoing calls to your carrier they expect the outgoing caller ID to be a number on your PRI/SIP trunk. Since it doesn't recognize the caller ID of the incoming cell phone which is being sent outbound via the CTI RP the carrier is probably overwriting the caller ID with your main number.

You could ask the carrier to allow you to send any caller ID but they can be reluctant to do that.

Do I ask them for just that number to pass caller ID? Or is that a global change and would affect all RP's ?

The carrier will have no knowledge of what RP you use to send them a call. You would have to ask them to accept whatever Caller ID you send them and pass that on to the final called number.