cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE hunting through dialpeers upon receiving no-answer reason code, and it shouldn't (I guess)

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have the following situation:

1 CUBE

3 CUCMs

Cube has three dial-peers pointed with different preferences towards CUCMs (SIP trunk). I noticed when I have a hunt pilot configured as the B-side, and my hunt group gets exhausted for whatever reason, each phone has 3 missed calls. Actually agent phones ring in three chunks. This is because CUBE, after receiving 480 Temporarily no available, tries the second and the third dial-peer.

SIP 480 has reason code 19 in itself, so I tried "no voice hunt no-answer" command on CUBE, in order to stop CUBE trying other dial-peers once it receives 480 (something that work like a charm for 603 Decline with reason code 21 - no voice hunt call-reject). However, unlike "no voice hunt call-reject" which I can see in running config, "no voice hunt no-answer" is not visible there, indicating that this is default behavior ("voice hunt no-answer" I can see).

So if the default behavior is not to hunt through other dial-peers once it gets 480, why does it do it? Bug? or am I missing something?

Router is 3925 with c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-4.M6a.bin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi 

No-answer would presumably be different to busy? 

According to this (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/sip/configuration/15-mt/sip-config-15-mt-book.pdf) 480 maps to cause 18, so maybe try:

no voice hunt no-response

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi 

No-answer would presumably be different to busy? 

According to this (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/sip/configuration/15-mt/sip-config-15-mt-book.pdf) 480 maps to cause 18, so maybe try:

no voice hunt no-response

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

This seems to work. As per suggested documentation, 480 is indeed mapped to 18, while the other way around 18,19 and 20 are mapped to 480. What confused me is that 480 message that Cube received from CUCM had code 19 written in it, but seems that CUBE still maps it to reason code 18?!?!

Anyway thanks a lot

No problem, glad you have it working :-)