Helpful
Replies

CUBE Transformation pattern help

Attila Rumy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Everybody,

I'd like to ask some help. My customer has the following call scenario:

- IP phones with 3 digits extensions -> CUCM -> CUBE (SIP) -> SP (SIP) - here we're sending 8 digits as calling party number using transformation patterns.

- IP phones with 3 digits extensions -> CUCM -> CUBE (SIP) -> partner company's CUBE (SIP) - here we'll have to send 3 digits as calling party number.

For both directions we're using the same CUBE, and this is my problem. In the CUCM the CUBE is a SIP trunk with a specific IP address and with the outgoing transformation pattern set. We have to send calls to the partner company via the same CUBE but without doing any digit manipulation. My idea is to give the CUBE a secondary IP address on the GE interface from the same subnet and assign this IP address in the CUCM to another SIP trunk and send calls to the partner company via this SIP trunk.

My question is if it is a working solution. Would there be any problems because of the two IP addresses of the same CUBE?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Attila

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Simply perform the transformations on CUBE via voice translation rules applied to the egress dial-peers.

For example assume the DNs are starting with 5 and you need to prefix 11111 to telco, build this TR:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /\(^5..\)/ /11111\1/

!

!

voice translation-profile prefixDigits

translate calling 1

The on all dial-peers pointing to SIP provider apply this profile:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

description ToSIP Provider

translation-profile outgoing prefixDigits

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

this would be great, but unfortunately we need much more than 15 translations which is a limit in IOS for voice translation-rules.

And also as far as I concern when dealing with SIP call legs I'd have to transform the patterns in she SIP headers but since there's the 15 translation limitation it's still not a working solution.

But thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

Attila

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You could look at num-exp as well. If you stick to TPs on CUCM are the patterns the same for both routes?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

dschuckman1
Level 1
Level 1

Use Route Patterns in CUCM.

You should be able to identify the specific numbers that will need to be routed to the partner company. Create RPs using regular expressions and do not add any prefix digits in the called party transformation section for the patterns that match your partner company. Then create patterns to match going to the SP and add prefix digits under the CPT section. Both RPs can have the same gateway/route list pointed to your CUBE.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Attila Rumy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi everybody!

Thanks for the answers. Finally I've tried the secondary IP address trick and it worked. So for every connection the CUBE handles I've added secondary IP addresses and configured as many SIP trunks in the CUCM with these IP addresses. No problem so far :-)

Thanks,

Attila

Arumy,

Sip profiles are much better. With sip profiles your life is made much easier. Let me know if you would like to explore that option and I will help ypu with the configuration. Sip profiles in CUBE are very powerful and they have more flexibility than translation rules.

Please rate all useful posts

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: