cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE WSAPI Unsuccessful Media Forking

Yitzakh Stine
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CUBE in b/w our PSTN gateway device and our CUCM 12.5. I've configured WSAPI XMF on our device and am confident the commands for that are clean (not much to add). Phones recording type is set to 'Gateway Preferred'.
When initiating an outbound call from local CUCM user to PSTN user, I can see in my trace that the XMF connection is successful and the response from CUBE to CUCM says that "<mediaForkingState> FORK_STARTED" and when I run "show call media-forking" on the CUBE, it displays the IP and ports of the Call Recording Server [CRS] (3rd party device).
SIP INVITE from CUCM to CRS to begin recording process is responded to correctly with normal SIP call flow of trying, 200 OK, etc. SDP in ACK from CUCM shows connection interface for RTP is the IP of the CUBE.....yet the CUBE still doesn't fork media towards CRS. 

Any ideas/thoughts? I've spent a number of days on this issue and troubleshooting has only led to greater confusion haha.

2 Replies 2

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

Attached is a word doc with my notes for Cisco Call Recording, it may be useful to you.

Graham

Graham, thanks for the word doc. It is indeed very useful. I will say all these settings I currently have configured on my device. Still unsure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: