Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC SIP Integration

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Everyone,

We have  CUC integrated with CUCM using SCCP. We plan to move from SCCP to SIP.

What would be the best strategy to accomplish this task with minimum downtime. Please note that the availability of voice mail is crucial for our business.

CUC version : 10.5 (HA)

CUCM Version :10.5

Thanks,

MK

22 Replies 22

The minute you update the routing to go to SIP trunk instead of hunting the calls will start routing via the SIP integration for all phones. No, need to update any DNs.

I understand that but my question is the voice mail profile associated with each phone is still being used, right?

Thanks,

MK

Yes, it drives which path it takes to connect to voicemail.  So, once you make the changes calls to voicemail will be taking the SIP path rather than SCCP.

Thanks Chris!

Hi Chris,

The SIP integration has been successfuly completed but as you can see in the attached screenshot there's 0 port availalbe for the secondary CUC server. When I go to the secondary server, I can see the same ports that I see in the primary but the failover sounds fastbusy as there's  no port available for the secondary CUC server. Did I miss something during the SIP integration?

Thanks,

Mk

No worries, I figured out how to resolve the issue.

Under Port Groupe, Add Ports, Select the secondary server in the Server filed, enter the number of licensed ports then Save.

Thanks,

MK