cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC Transfers to Hunt Pilots only ring first LG member

bennyb11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am currently dealing with a situation involving Unity Connections and the transfer of calls from a call handler to hunt pilots. When the call is transferred from the call handler, it only rings the first line group member, regardless of the call distribution algorithm in place. The issue becomes more apparent when the algorithm is set to "Broadcast." Here's the setup:

PSTN Calls → SBC → CUCM CTI RP (x311) → CUC CH (x311) → CUCM Hunt Pilot (x511) - the call only rings the first line group member. The issue also occurs whith internal calls, not just inbound PSTN calls:

Internal DN --> CUC CH(x311) --> CUCM HP (511) Only first LG members rings.

If the call is placed directly from an IP phone to a hunt pilot, the call rings both phones. However, this issue only occurs when Unity Connections is involved.

Internal DN --> HP(x511) Both phones ring as expected.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to troubleshoot?  I am planning opening a TAC case but wanted check here first.  

Thank you 

2 Replies 2

Hi,

Try to check on Advanced > Conversations   “Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call“ and let me know if it makes any difference.

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

This was resolved by removing the Alternate Extension from the CUC user that is associated with the IP phone that is configured as the First Line Group member.  The Altenate Extensiion was being used so hunt pilot callers have a chhance to leave voicemail on one of the LGmembers  mailbox.  I then created a CUC Forwarding Rule to send calls from the hunt pilot directly to the users mailbox.  "Forwading Station = Hunt Pilot Extension -> user with a mailbox.  

After removing the alternate extension , all calls from cuc are able to ring both line group members.  

Thank you