Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC8.5 Auto Attendent

johntim20
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I want to setup my main Central number coming to our company  go to Unity Connection call handler, play a greeting, allowing the user to enter an extension or to hold for an operator. I have created a CTI route point with DN 2800(DID), forwarded all to VM. and configured SIP Trunk in cucm 7.1.5 to CUC8.5,

On the Unity Connection, I have created a System Call Handlers-AddNew-Extension = 2800-save,  when i  dial 2800 from the mobile/ip phone, CUC plays the message "Sorry, CENTRAL NUMBER DOES NOT EXIST.

Could you please share the exact steps from begining  or what i am missing in the configuring.

Thanks and Regards.

6 Replies 6

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi John

Look into this thread, I think is the same are you facing or can help you.

Please rate all posts using the stars

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

"Se você quiser alguém em quem confiar, confie em si mesmo. Quem acredita sempre alcança"
Renato Russo

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is normal voicemail working OK for you or is this AA the only thing you have?

What digits are you seeing on CUC when using RTMT port monitor or port status monitor available for download here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x.html

Chris

Voicemail is working good.

I have Installed Remote Port Status Monitor by entering the cuc ip address but nothing is shown in that.

I am trying to set up a AA the configurations i have done is:-

CUCM7.1.5 side create CTI Route Point with DID(2800) with Forward all Enable,Sip Trunk pointing to CUC8.5.

CUC side created system call handler with proper css and partition and Extension 2800-Standard greetings-CallerHear:Nothing,

check :

when i dial the 2800 number it is asking to "Enter the Number you wish to transfer to -when i enter the DID (2801)or Normal(3099) extension it is saying you cannot be transfer to this number check the number and try again.

Please advice me where i am missing the configuration

This problem related to the restriction table which restrict any number outside the unity connection

check the restriction table and allow the call to be dialed.

Creating Restriction Tables in Cisco Unity Connection 8.x

You can modify the predefined restriction tables, and you can create up  to 100 new ones. You can also add up to 100 dial strings to a table. New  dial strings are automatically inserted into the restriction table as  Dial String 0. Note that the order of the dial strings is very important  because Cisco Unity Connection sequentially compares a phone number to  the call patterns in the restriction table, starting with Dial String 0.  If a number matches more than one call pattern, the number is handled  according to the first call pattern it matches.

You can indicate call patterns by entering specific numbers or by using the following special characters as wildcards:

Matches zero or more digits.

?

Matches exactly one digit. Use? as a placeholder for a single digit.

#

Corresponds to the # key on the phone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag110.html

Thanks. Dear mrmhar. It helps.But Now the call is being transfered to the extensions with no voice stream on both the side.

please help me out.