Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5(2) - International Calls not is completing

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

Are having problem to complete International Calls. The Carrier informed to Us that the route are created and They not receive the calls. I saw that the calls arrived in the gateway, but, don´t show the IP and not appear the destination number (international number)

GW-VOZ-01#sh call active voice compact
 <callID>  A/O FAX T<sec> Codec       type        Peer Address       IP R<ip>:<udp>
Total call-legs: 47
          39808 ANS    T0     g711ulaw    VOIP        P+552155552180          0.0.0.0:0

In RTMT I see the termination cause code: (150995046) CCM_SIP_408_REQUEST_TIMEOUT

Any have idea about this?

Thanks,

Wilson

14 Replies 14

Prashant Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Wilsonsant
It could be some configurations issue. Can you share the show running config and run debugs for failed call ? Also let me what is the type of your gateway you are running?
Is it h323, MGCP or SIP device ?

Regards,
Prassha3

Rate if you find this helpful

Hi Prashant Sharma,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. Answering your questions:

1) Yes, I can share the configuration

2) My profile don´t have privilege to run debug (unfortunatelly)

3) We working with SIP

Please run the below commands on the router, make a call and attach the output.

debug voip ccapi inout
debug ccsip messages

Thank you,

Mikolaj

**** PLEASE RATE IF USEFUL ****

Hi Mikolaj Moryto,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. Sorry, as I told to Prashant unfortunatelly my profile don´t have access to run debug.

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

I have just seen that.

How do you dial international numbers from a phone? Are there any called number modifications applied before sending a call to the gateway?

Also, do you have RTMT so you call pull the logs from CUCM and share?

Thank you,

Mikolaj

Hi Mikolaj Moryto,

My Customer have 06 sites and all worked with H323. The Customer changed the all sites to SIP. In the last site was migrated in 20 days more or less. This site that presented problem. The Carrier told me that the route is created.

To International calls We put 000 + <number>, when the call arrived in the Carrier They strip 000 and put 0 + Code Carrier + <number>

I can simulate any calls and collect the logs about RTMT.

Thanks,

Wilson

Please send the logs from RTMT and I will have a look.

Thank you,

Mikolaj

Hi Mikolaj,

I attached the logs. I did three calls and all presented the message: "(150995046) CCM_SIP_408_REQUEST_TIMEOUT"

Originate number: 552155552180

Time: between 17:40 adn 17:53

Thanks,

Wilson

Regards,

Wilson

1) I have troubles seeing all the info. I cannot see the first call from your attached list and for two remaining calls I can only see the INVITE being sent out and I cannot see any reply from gateway. That may be the reason why you get timeout.

2) I can see that you are dialling number 00012149296017 but CUCM sends it further to the gateway as +E164 number +12149296017. Then you probably want it to match dial peer 1000 but I don't think called number in +E164 format will hit that one as ^0T won't be matched for +E164. I will need to have debugs but you probably hit another dial peer for incoming call leg- dial peer 1001. Checking the translations you don't have any matching one for incoming call leg so the call is sent out with dial peer 110. No translations are matched so I suppose the call is being sent as +12149296017 to the service provider. Can't be 100% sure without the logs but this is how it looks like.

3) Are you sure you attached the right gateway config? SIP INVITEs are sent to the IP of 10.96.54.1 and unless you do some NAT in the middle I cannot see that IP on any of the interfaces at the gateway you attached config for.

Thank you,

Mikolaj

Hi Mikolaj,

I am answering only because the community (as ís know) in reformulation. Answering Your questions:

1) Ok, but, there are any problem with gateway? configuration, for example

2) In normal condition, when I dialed to international number. I put 000 + number in the IP Phone when arrived the gateway it should stripped 000 and 00 + carrier code + number

3) Sorry, about the configuration I am not authorized to inform the current configuration (I changed any informations). If You need specific information, let me know

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

Hi,

1) try to make an international call and then pull logs for relative time of last 10 minutes.

2) the problem is that when you, for instance, dial 0001234567890, your CUCM replaces the dialled number with +1234567890 before sending the call to the gateway. If your intention was to match incoming dial peer 1000, you are not matching that (I think you are matching 1001) and the translation profile on that dial peer is not applied to the called number. For that reason you are also not matching outgoing dial peer 110. I incorrectly said in the previous post that you are but looking deeper you are not.

Apply below change on the gateway if you have access and see what happens. After that it should match incoming dial peer, transform the number correctly and match outgoing dial peer. 

dial-peer voice 1000 voip
 incoming-called number +T

3) I need confirmation that you attached the correct gateway config because the IP address of the gateway in the config does not match the IP address CUCM sends call to. Maybe you are sending it to the incorrect device/IP and that is why there is no reply to INVITE.

Hi Mikolaj,

Sorry by delay in answer. Was possible identify the problem and correct. Was created the new route pattern in CUCM and worked. Too was verified that was lacking to configure route in the Carrier.

Thanks a lot for You attentation,

Regards,

Wilson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: