Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5.2 - Issue with Softkey Template and Feature Control Policy

I am running into an issue with these two pieces.  We have previously only used Softkey Templates on our fleet of phones (8945, 8851, 7821) running CUCM 10.5.2.12901.  I have not run into this issue prior to recently.  The softkey templates appear to not apply to the devices and everything is set to use a Feature Control Policy (Enterprise Phone Configuration/Common Phone Profile), however, when I am in the phone settings the option to apply the FCP is missing entirely from the page (It does still appear to show up in the Common Phone Profile Configuration.  The only thing that has really changed is that the cluster was rebooted recently after being up for a long extended period, but I did not realize this issue initially so I am unsure if they are related.  I have even tried to create a test Common Phone Profile with the option for Softkey Template, but I get the same result.  For example with Ring In, it shows Divert, Answer, and Ignore even though the applied Softkey Template only allows for Ring in to show Answer.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is precedent for mandatory soft keys in certain states, e.g. Resume while on hold. Decline (aka iDivert) has never been one of them however. It may be worth scrolling through the Model Specific Configuration Parameters on that phone's Device Configuration page just in case there is another setting influencing this. You could try a firmware update of the endpoint, but that's a shot in the dark. Unless someone else chimes in I would normally suggest a TAC case after that; however, CUCM 10.5 is past end of support at this point.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Feature Control Policies are a misguided vestige of the 6900/8900/9900 series phones. You can disable them entirely by toggling Enterprise Parameters > Feature Control Policy to Softkey Template.

IIRC you had to set the FCP one layer up on the Common Phone Profile.

I did set it to Softkey Template in Enterprise Phone Configuration.  It seems the only place I am running into an issue now is on the ring in state.  On Hook, hold, connected, off hook, etc are all correct, it seems to be only on the ring in state.  Where the template only has Answer as the selected softkey, the device still has Answer, Decline, and Ignore.  This is the main thing that brought my attention to the issue in the first place.

It does seem you are correct about FCP being either in Enterprise Params or in the Common Phone Profile.

There is precedent for mandatory soft keys in certain states, e.g. Resume while on hold. Decline (aka iDivert) has never been one of them however. It may be worth scrolling through the Model Specific Configuration Parameters on that phone's Device Configuration page just in case there is another setting influencing this. You could try a firmware update of the endpoint, but that's a shot in the dark. Unless someone else chimes in I would normally suggest a TAC case after that; however, CUCM 10.5 is past end of support at this point.