Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 , Silent ringtone on Call-Waiting call

Ahmed Khalefa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Recently , one of our customers purchased a 3rd Party SIP Phones , and they are registered to the CUCM as 3rd Pary Basic SIP Phones ,

Phones are working normally , without any issue , till the customer discovered an interesting issue ..

When Phone A , calls Phone B ... and we have an established call ..

Now Phone C , tries to call Phone A ..

- Phone A : hears a beep tone ( which is the one for waiting )

- Phone C : hears nothing .. complete emptiness .. and this is the issue

they raised a Ticket with the 3rd party vendor , and they said that the Phone A sends a SIP Message 182 ( Queued ) to the CUCM

but after checking the CUCM Traces , the CUCM didn't sends any ACK or any message to reply ..

I tried changing the "SIP Rel1XX Options" from Disabled to "Send PRACK for all 1XX messages" , but that didn't change any thing ..

also , googled the issue and found that CUCM chooses to ignore this message ... as per this document :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/sip_msg/line_std/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_CC69BCF6_00_cucm-sipline-messaging-std-100/CUCM_BK_CC69BCF6_00_cucm-sipline-messaging-std-100_chapter_01.html#CUCM_CN_S33CFD74_00__table_2433D78BFB80416EAE12B4734...

Can any one help with such issue ?

Thanks A lot,
Ahmed Salah

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vasank
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ahmed,

What is the expectation here? 182 is a provisional message indicating the proxy that call is in queue, which does not necessarily translate to 180 ringing or 183 session progress, if the third party sip phone sends a 183 session progress after 182 then it would make sense to perform audio cut through.

Thanks,

Vasanth

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

vasank
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ahmed,

What is the expectation here? 182 is a provisional message indicating the proxy that call is in queue, which does not necessarily translate to 180 ringing or 183 session progress, if the third party sip phone sends a 183 session progress after 182 then it would make sense to perform audio cut through.

Thanks,

Vasanth

Hello Vasanth,

it seems that your answer says all .. as i took a SIP Trace from  a working Cisco SIP Phone 99xx , and the message i sent as 180 Ringing , instead of 182 ...

So , i believe that the issue is related to the 3rd party vendor ..

Thanks A lot,
Ahmed Salah

Thanks Ahmed, glad it helped.

Regards,

Vasanth

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you please share the SIP traces of second call on both the call legs viz from C to CUCM and CUCM to A?

By the way, third party SIP phones are from which vendor?

- Vivek

Hello Mohamed, Vivek,

traces are in the attachment below .
i took a trace from the CUCM , with below scenario :

1722 : 10.1.35.252 >> Phone A
1000 : 10.1.30.107 >> Phone B ( VM System : not Cisco )
1718 : 10.1.35.236 >> Phone C

I used TranslatorX and found that when the 1722 is having an established call with 1000 , and 1718 tries to call to 1722 , 1722 sends a 182 SIP Message ( Queued ) to the CUCM .. that's all ...

Thanks A lot,
Ahmed Salah

Hello All,

any luck finding any thing inside CUCM Traces?

Please get SIP real time trace from CUCM using RTMT and share a snapshot. This will help us to understand the call flow. This might be related to voice cutthough and early-media but lets see