Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.5 Licensing

LibinBenedict
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a question regarding licensing for CUCM. Suppose on CUCM 11.5, I have 20 users with a phone each and only 2 CUWL licenses. I can configure a common user and assign it to all 20 phones and be license compliant. When I upgrade to 12.5 Smart Licensing, will this continue to work?

Regards,

Libin Benedict

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, But this is treading on the outermost rim of what is within the boundaries of what is okay for Cisco licensing. To be on the honest end of this you should add the required licenses, CUWL or other applicable types, for all users that you have in the CM.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Yes, But this is treading on the outermost rim of what is within the boundaries of what is okay for Cisco licensing. To be on the honest end of this you should add the required licenses, CUWL or other applicable types, for all users that you have in the CM.

Response Signature

Thank you for the quick response, Roger. Actually, the phones in question are used to log in using extension mobility, and hence they are not directly assigned to individual users.

Regards,

Libin Benedict

It works on 12.5. But it’s not the right way of licensing. You have 20 users and 20 phones. Instead of going with 20 UCL license, with two owner-id you are making the system  to use two CUWL license. 

BE6K starter was cheaper than two CWUL license and you get 35 license. And it was the right license for such scenarios.  

There  is no perpetual license anymore. All are flex. 

Response Signature

In that case you choose the owner as Anonymous (Public/Shared Space), the phone would consume the license required by the model, and you use them for EM, that's the proper way to do it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

As Java wrote the proper way to consume licenses in your case is to set the phones as Anonymous.

Response Signature

LibinBenedict
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Thank you for clarifying. The 2 CUWL was given as an example and we have plenty of free licenses in PLM to be assigned to the users. We will follow the right procedure mentioned above.

Regards,

Libin Benedict