Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 14 OS Password Recovery Procedure

a.ajiboye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

One of my colleagues installed CUCM 14 using Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_14.0.1.10000-20.sha512.iso. However, during the install he forgot the CUCM Administrator Account password for login in to Cisco Unified OS Administration, Disaster Recovery System pages and Command Line Interface (CLI) login.

The following procedure that works on previous CUCM versions didn't work for recovering CUCM 14 Administrator Account password.

1. Login to CUCM OS CLI using the account (username:pwrecovery/password:pwreset)
2. Insert a valid CUCM DVD and press any key
3. Remove the DVD and press any key
4. You will be promoted to select whether to recover the admin password or security password.
5. Go through the instructions to complete the change

Does anyone know a different Administrator Account password recovery procedure for CUCM 14?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

AFAIK the process is not changed in CM 14. Have you followed the steps outlined in this document verbatim?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/213527-changing-cucm-os-admin-and-security-pass.html

Response Signature

That process is still valid for CUCM 14. This is from my lab CUCM 14 SU1

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 4.24.31 PM.png

Response Signature

a.ajiboye
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Roger and Nithin.

I was attempting to change the password via an SSH session hence username:pwrecovery/password:pwreset didn't work but when I tried via WMWare VM console to the CUCM username:pwrecovery/password:pwreset worked.

You’re welcome! How come it took a year for you to get back on this?

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: