cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.5 pickup softkey is not working

Melany Nolan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, when I press the Pickup softkey I got a fast busy tone and a message 'key is not active' is shown on the phone.

It happens for one of the pickup group but the other group has no problem.

Checked the phone and dn configuration is the same for the working and non-working ones.

I suspect it is a bug but could not find any information.

Any idea?

Thank you.

10 Replies 10

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Melany

Ensure if your not working Phone have the proper (CSS) access to Partition that the Pickup directory number is assigned to

Please rate this post

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Hi Bruno,

I have checked the CSS is correct, it can access the partition of pickup group number.

Check if they belong on the same group also make sure on your Call Pickup Group Information Configuration the Call Pickup Group Number should be a unique number .The Call Pickup Group Number is kind of like a route point and should not be the same number as a DN.

You can try re-create the Pickup Group and reset the Phone

Example Scenarios/procedure

How to Pick Up Calls Within Your Own Group

Call Pickup allows you to pick up incoming calls within your own group. In this case, a group is any organization of Cisco IP Phone extensions, as defined by you

When an incoming call is received on an extension that belongs to the same group as that of your Cisco IP phone, follow these steps to answer that call:

Go off-hook on any line that has a Call Pickup group associated with it.

Press the More softkey and then the Pickup softkey.

Press the Answer softkey.

How to Pick Up Calls that Belong to Another Group

Group Call Pickup allows you to answer incoming calls that ring on a Cisco IP phone that belongs to a pickup group other than your own. To use this feature you must know the pickup group number to which the ringing phone belongs.

When an incoming call is received on an extension that belongs to a different group than that of your IP phone, follow these steps to answer that call:

Go off-hook on any available line appearance.

Press the More softkey and then the GPickup softkey.

Dial the Group Call Pickup number.

Press the Answer softkey.

Check the Call Pickup Group documentation to further detaisl

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Hi Melany.

Another thing you can check is if in route plan report you find the same pickup group DN in another partition.

This could make pickup group number unusable.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi all,

I have checked that the phone css already includes the partition of the pickup number (even it is the first one in the css).

Besides, from the route plan report, the pickup number is unique.

But from the DNA, i found that the result is "block this pattern", cannot figure out the reason...

any idea?

thanks.

Melany

Send out the output of DNA results, with thw working and non-working phone

Please remember to rate helpful  responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Hi Bruno,

I have checked in DNA, even the working one (claimed by customer) shows a result of "block this pattern"....

i am wondering if it is correct.

but the result can show that it is a pickup group number..

Looks like user error... Try pull the relevant traces to see what they are doing

Just to make a test, set the partition to "none"in the call pickup group, and try again

Please remember to rate helpful  responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

yes, i have tried to set the partition to "none" already but still the same error...

wondering if it is a bug or what..

Hi Melany

I've seen something very similar recently on a 6.1(4) system. I have multiple pickup groups defined, most of which work ok. One of the groups periodically seems to fail, and we cannot pickup calls in it, even though the CUCM configuration hasn't changed. Our workaround is to simply define a new pickup group and move the DNs (including a Hunt Pilot) into it. It then works for another few days / weeks before breaking again.

We're upgrading to 9.1 soon on this cluster, so haven't really spent that long looking at it.

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions