cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.5 CAR Mail Parameters and Scheduler Setting

jay.wongwong
Level 1
Level 1

I'm going to setup a regular report from CAR, my CUCM version is 7.1.5. But I don't know what is the password I should enter here as from document it says CAR does not support SMTP authentication, detail I pasted below. 

In addition, if I don't set the "Mail Parameters" in CAR and start the scheduler, where will be the report stored and how to get it? Appreciated your help, thanks!

Mail Id*  
Password 
Confirm Password 
Mail Domain*  
Mail Server Name*  
  • Choose System > System Parameters > Mail Parameters.

The Mail Parameters window displays.

• In the Mail ID field, only enter the e-mail identifier that will be used in the From field when e-mails are sent (for example, smith1@abc.com, enter smith1 in the Mail ID field.

Note : CAR does not support SMTP authentication. You must disable authentication on the SMTP mail server.

• In the Mail Server Name field, enter the domain name for the server that runs the e-mail system (that is, abc.com from the example in Step 2).

• To make the changes, click the Update button.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jay,

Please check the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/5_1_3/car/car/carsycfg.html#wp1092290

Step 1 Choose System > System Parameters > Mail Parameters.

Step 2 In the Mail ID field, enter the e-mail identifier that will be used in the From field when e-mails are sent.

Step 3 In the Password field, enter the password that is used to access the server that is running the e-mail system.

Note CAR does not authenticate the user ID and password. You must disable authentication on the mail server or enter a valid user ID and password.

Step 4 In the Confirm Password field, enter the same password from Step 3 to confirm.

Step 5 In the Mail Domain field, enter the domain name for the server that is running the e-mail system.

Step 6 In the Mail Server Name field, enter the name or IP address of the server that is running the e-mail system.

Step 7 To make the changes, click the Update button.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jay,

Please check the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/5_1_3/car/car/carsycfg.html#wp1092290

Step 1 Choose System > System Parameters > Mail Parameters.

Step 2 In the Mail ID field, enter the e-mail identifier that will be used in the From field when e-mails are sent.

Step 3 In the Password field, enter the password that is used to access the server that is running the e-mail system.

Note CAR does not authenticate the user ID and password. You must disable authentication on the mail server or enter a valid user ID and password.

Step 4 In the Confirm Password field, enter the same password from Step 3 to confirm.

Step 5 In the Mail Domain field, enter the domain name for the server that is running the e-mail system.

Step 6 In the Mail Server Name field, enter the name or IP address of the server that is running the e-mail system.

Step 7 To make the changes, click the Update button.

HTH

Manish

Hi Jay,

In addition to what Manish has said[+5], you can also refer the link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11752821/cdr-reporting

regds,

aman