Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1 - Making a number's caller ID display as "Private"

coconino1969
Level 1
Level 1

Good day to all.

Using CUCM-7.1.5, a 2851 as gateway and PRI trunking from local telco.

I have the need for a DID's caller ID to be set to "private" or to do not display any caller ID when making calls to the outside. The DID will be used to make long distance calls as well.

Can this only be accomplished by the telco at the PRI? or is there another way that I can do this without getting the telco involved.

Thanks in advance

Jose Meza

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Set the under the route pattern to restricted.

There are already plenty of threads on how to do this, please search CSC for answers before posting.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Set the under the route pattern to restricted.

There are already plenty of threads on how to do this, please search CSC for answers before posting.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

I tested CUCM version 8.6.1.10000-36, but it does'nt working.

I created new rp and my call also matching it but it still display calling number from pstn.

Thanks

Debug at the GW and confirm that, if you're not sending it, but you get it on the other end, it's your telco doing this.

HTH

java

I'm sending call via sip trunk to Telco SBC not gw. But I see  on DNA calling number presentation value setting restricted. 

There is ip -to-ip trunk with CUCM and Telco Genband SBC

What do you have on your route group config? I've seen that override the route pattern if you have the use calling party's external phone number mask on.

Hi Kemal,

You should involve your provider to send you a SIP trace when you call from that extension.

They could set calling number on per matching IP basis

Please let us know 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

John Parlin
Level 1
Level 1

Jamie, I have a scenario where there is an IP phone in LATAM calling a number in NA.  He is dialing my NA number using PSTN pattern.  We use Session Manager and SIP trunks to route calls between regional clusters.  The originating caller reports that while his call is being routed on-net, he sees Private as the CLID.  I checked the originating PSTN route pattern and it's not set to Restricted.  I checked the SME route pattern pointing to the NA cluster and it's also not set to Restricted (both are set to default).  When I call him using PSTN and involving the same SME call flow, I see his name on my phone display.  I've been combing through this time and again and I can't find the answer.  Any idea?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: